It may be ironic to write and deliver a funny speech during a eulogy but it is becoming a trend in funeral speeches. It is a good thing to balance off the feeling of grief during funerals. A funny eulogy can actually brighten up the moment and lighten the mood. Giving a funny funeral speech does not, in anyway, break the solemnity of the event. You just have to be careful in picking the things that you would joke about. If you want to write a funny eulogy but don’t know where to start, here are some ideas
How to write funny eulogies
• You can share a funny experience that you had with the deceased. This means something comical like for instance ‘he fell off during her graduation speech’, or something to that line.
• Don’t make fun of someone during your funeral speech. The situation should be funny and not a person’s physical attributes or character.
• Make sure that you do not go to adult talks. Keep your eulogy speech appropriate. Remember that there are children who would attend the funeral to so keep your sense of humor clean.
• You can also share fun and memorable moments that you shared with the person. Tell something that would surprise the audience.
• You can divulge her secret passion or secret preferences- something that would surprise the audience and make them laugh.
• Remember that the success of a funny eulogy largely depends on how you deliver the speech. You can add facial expressions and body gestures when giving your funny funeral speech to entice the crowd to give out a smile.
Sample funny eulogy
Jill was always a comedian. She would tell me, if I were to deliver a joke in front of a crowd, I should do three simple things – stand up, speak up and then, quickly- shut up. That may seem to work quite well. But I never thought that I would give out one today- and in all days- her funeral.
Words that Last a Lifetime and Beyond
Forget about spending hours trying to write a eulogy from scratch. Follow the templates provided in Heartfelt Eulogies e-Book and spend your time with the family who need you the most.